The GLEC mission
The mission of GLEC as an industry-led partnership is to drive emission reduction and enhance efficiency across global logistics supply chains. They do this through global, harmonized guidelines for reporting and reducing logistics emissions that work for business.
The GLEC's work together with GLEC Members involves the development of guidelines, testing with companies, and advocacy for industry-wide uptake and aligned policy.
Our GLEC Leaders are companies that have a longstanding and intensive involvement with the Global Logistics Emissions Council. They support in determining the direction and development of the GLEC Framework, its work programs and projects and are often speakers at our training courses.
Our Members support the GLEC mission through participation in GLEC projects. We work in partnership to influence the future direction and standards for logistics emissions reporting and reduction.
The GLEC is supported by a network of accredited calculation tools, programs and strategic partners that share our vision of a zero-emissions freight and logistics. Our Associates support the GLEC mission and work with Smart Freight Centre on guidelines, development and projects.
A selection of our 100+ GLEC Friends are listed below.
Companies•Amer Sports Europe Services •Anheuser-Busch InBev •Audi AG •Baxter •BDP International •BNSF •Bury sp. z.o.o. •Delmar International •DSV-Panalpina •Ewals Cargo Care •Expolanka / EFL •FM Logistic•Gebrüder Weiss GmbH •H&M •H.Essers •Henkel Global Supply Chain BV •Hapag-Lloyd •Kotahi Logistics •LyondellBasell •MainFreight •Mars •Michelin Group •Mondelēz International •Ocha Ocha GmbH •OIA Global •Proximus •Prysmian Group •RCS Logistics •Rola-Trans •ROOTS Ltd •Samsung SDS •Savino Del Bene •Silo Jelicic doo •Smurfit Kappa •Sovereign Speed • Syngenta •Tetra Pak •XPO Logistics Europe •UPS (United Parcel Services)
•ECTA (European Chemical Transport Association) •IATA (International Air Transport Association) •Interface Terminal Gent •SOS-LOGistica •European Supply Chain Institute
Other organizations•4FOLD/HCI •Advantika •Agencia de Sostenibilidad Energética •Appanion Labs •Bioregional •Carré Publishing Ltd •bp2r •Dalco e.U. Dauser Logistics Concepts •Energy Saving Trust •ERG •Good Shipping •Green Element/Compare Your Footprint •The FReMCo Group •Last mile team •Moretimer •Mixmove •PCA Group •Project Verte •PSA Cargo Solutions •Scope3 •Swivel Software •The Return Company •Re>Pal Indonesia •Transporeon GmbH •Transficient •US Gain •Information Systems for Social Impact Research Group, Swinburne University •Xavier Lluch Assessoria i Serveis
• David Cebon, Professor of Mechanical Engineering, University of Cambridge
• Marc Cottignies, Ingénieur expert, ADEME
• Kerstin Dobers, Senior Scientist, Fraunhofer IML
• Chris Douglas, Technical Director, Freight Transport, WSP UK Ltd
• Cristiano Façanha, Global Director, CALSTART
• Suzanne Greene, Global Procurement Sustainability and Advocacy Leader, DOW
• Conor Molloy, Director, Authentic Energy Management Services
• Jan Fransoo, Professor of Operations Management and Logistics, University of Tilburg
• Mark Gjerek, Director, Mov3ment
• Alan McKinnon, Professor of Logistics, Kühne Logistics University
• Paul Nordengen, Director, Road Transport Management Systems
• Buddy Polovick, Environmental Protection Specialist, USEPA
• Brian Robinson, Programme Manager (Freight), Low Carbon Vehicle Partnership
• Michael Roeth, Executive Director, NACFE
• Andy Salter, Managing Director, DVV Media International
• Martín Tanco, Director, CINOI Universidad de Montevideo
• Jorge Tesler, Director, Centro de Logistica Sustentable
• Ian Wainwright, Director, Future City Logistics
• Patrick Van De Vyver, Sustainability Consultant, MIXMOVE