Implement the GLEC Framework
Three ways to implement the GLEC Framework
Companies can implement the GLEC Framework in three ways. Companies with developed accounting and reporting systems and dedicated staff can do this themselves. Companies that have less developed systems or are starting with emissions accounting can call in the help of SFC or SFC-accredited partners.
The following support is available to all companies:
GLEC Framework and supporting materials
Download the GLEC Framework and other supporting materials.
GLEC Framework e-training
To learn about the basics of calculating and reporting of CO2e emissions for your global supply chain.
GLEC Framework Gap Analysis
To compare your logistics GHG emission calculation and reporting practices against the GLEC Framework, and give recommendations for full implementation.
SFC- accredited partners
SFC-accredited partners, including tools, programs and other providers, who can deliver emission calculations in conformance with the GLEC Framework.
Frequently Asked Questions
The practical applicability of the GLEC Framework to complex multi-modal settings was tested by companies as part of the LEARN project.
- How to adopt the GLEC Framework in combination with the methodologies, tools or standards they have been working with so far?
Download here (GEODIS, STEF, Ewals Cargo Care)
- How to integrate the collection, processing and reporting of data needed to calculate fuel use and emissions into the existing TMS and broader IT systems of the company?
Download here (Road freight carriers, Retailer)
- How to apply the GLEC Framework to specific segments and/or combinations of multiple modes and logistics sites of their logistics supply chain?
Download here (GEODIS, FMC Corporation & BDP International)
- How to report results from applying the GLEC Framework to customers and the public/external stakeholders using the GLEC Declaration?
- How to use the results from using the GLEC Framework for different decisions and implementation of actions that improve efficiency and reduce emissions?
Download here(VRTO, Air freight provider)