SFC Job Opportunity: Fundraising and PR Manager
Amsterdam, 3 Nov 2020 - Are you passionate about reducing the climate impact of the freight sector and advising companies on how to get to zero emission logistics? Then you could be a successful member of our international team.
Starting date: immediate
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands (or suitable home location Europe)
About Smart Freight Centre
Smart Freight Centre (SFC) was established in 2013 as a global non-profit organization dedicated to an efficient and zero emissions freight sector – contributing to Paris Climate Agreement targets and Sustainable Development Goals. Our goal is that 100+ multinationals reduce at least 30% of their logistics emissions by 2030 compared to 2015 and reach net-zero emissions by 2050.
SFC advises companies on how to develop and implement their company-specific Sustainable Logistics Roadmap using the four ‘Smart Freight Leadership’ steps: report, set targets, reduce and collaborate. We also advocate for supportive policy and programs and raise awareness to accelerate sector-wide action.
Our main achievement is the formation of the Global Logistics Emissions Council (GLEC) with whom we developed the GLEC Framework in 2016 and updated it in 2019 – the universal method for logistics emissions calculation and reporting, and now the basis for an ISO standard. We have since developed more products (guidelines, training, assessments, technical advice) and set up new projects with leading companies and other GLEC partners that address specific company barriers. For more information visit www.smartfreightcentre.org
About the positionYour role is to manage the development, fundraising and communication in relation to GLEC projects. You report to the Executive Director, work closely with the Sr. Partnerships Manager and supervise the Communications Coordinator. You will work in a small, internationally-oriented organization, where sparring and interaction with colleagues and SFC partners is key.
We ask you to:
- Recommend priority topics for GLEC projects and involvement of SFC in external projects, based on company barriers and where SFC can play unique role
- Develop a fundraising plan and write proposals targeting a variety of funders such as foundations, development agencies, governments and international NGOs
- Manage relations with and progress reporting to funders
- Write materials targeted at companies and other external stakeholders, including executive summaries of reports/guidelines and surveys, leadership stories, press releases, blogs/opinion pieces, and others
- Represent SFC in external partnerships, events and meetings
- Knowledge and work experience on sustainability/climate, preferably including the freight and logistics sector
- Proven track record in proposal development/fundraising and managing funder relations
- Excellent writing skills and ability to make technical content accessible to a broader audience
- Fluent in English, comparable to a native English speaker
- Ability to work independently, proactively and in a structured manner, and supervise and develop staff
- Motivation to be part of a passionate and diverse team and work on an important cause to make the global freight sector more sustainable