SFC Job Opportunity: Fundraising Intern
Amsterdam, 12 May 2021 - Smart Freight Centre (SFC) is looking for a Fundraising Intern motivated to be part of a small global team to advance green freight and logistics worldwide. Our office is based in the heart of Amsterdam.
Preferred start date: immediate
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands (or working remotely)
Internship period: 3 months (with a possibility to extend)
Education: Bachelor or master’s Development Studies (or equivalent)
About Smart Freight CentreSmart Freight Centre (SFC) was established in 2013 as a global non-profit organization dedicated to an efficient and zero emissions freight sector – contributing to Paris Climate Agreement targets and Sustainable Development Goals. Our goal is that 100+ multinationals reduce at least 30% of their logistics emissions by 2030 compared to 2015 and reach net-zero emissions by 2050.
SFC advises companies on how to develop and implement their company-specific Sustainable Logistics Roadmap using the four ‘Smart Freight Leadership’ steps: report, set targets, reduce and collaborate. We also advocate for supportive policy and programs and raise awareness to accelerate sector-wide action.
Our main achievement is the formation of the Global Logistics Emissions Council (GLEC) with whom we developed the GLEC Framework in 2016 and updated it in 2019 – the universal method for logistics emissions calculation and reporting, and now the basis for an ISO standard. We have since developed more products (guidelines, training, assessments, technical advice) and set up new projects with leading companies and other GLEC partners that address specific company barriers. For more information visit www.smartfreightcentre.org
About the positionThe Fundraising Intern will work in a small, internationally oriented organization, where sparring and interaction with colleagues across the organization and SFC partners is key. The Fundraising Intern reports to the Fundraising and PR Manager and works in close collaboration with all SFC team members, in particular the Strategic Partnerships team.
Purpose of role
To assist SFC’s Fundraising and PR Manager in the development and delivery of fundraising objectives. This will include supporting the team with donor relations and funding applications including funder mapping, researching potential opportunities as well as communicating with a wide variety of stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Research and prepare background for individuals, corporations, and possible funders Assisting in fundraising from trusts and foundations
- Assist with maintaining the fundraising database (Efficy), ensuring accuracy and consistency across the records
- This job description is not exhaustive. It acts as a guide and may be amended to meet the changing requirements after discussion with the post holder
- Fluent in English, basic working knowledge of Dutch is a plus
- Flexibility - able to work independently and proactively in a dynamic environment
- Good interpersonal skills, able to work with different personality types
- Proficient in MS Office and CMS systems, working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
Interested applicants should email their CV and motivation to Olga Muhwati (email@example.com) with a copy to Mirjam Botman at: (firstname.lastname@example.org) Applicants should state the reasons for their interest in the position and relevant details of qualifications and experience.
Photo credit: Catalina Fedorova