SFC Job Opportunity: Program Coordinator
Amsterdam, 21 May 2021 - Do you want to make a real impact – working towards zero emissions in the freight sector – and are you passionate about playing a central role in SFC’s programs? Then you could be a successful member of our small and dedicated international team.
Preferred start date: immediate
About Smart Freight CentreSmart Freight Centre (SFC) was established in 2013 as a global non-profit organization dedicated to an efficient and zero emissions freight sector – contributing to Paris Climate Agreement targets and Sustainable Development Goals. Our goal is that 100+ multinationals reduce at least 30% of their logistics emissions by 2030 compared to 2015 and reach net-zero emissions by 2050.
SFC advises companies on how to develop and implement their company-specific Sustainable Logistics Roadmap using the four ‘Smart Freight Leadership’ steps: report, set targets, reduce and collaborate. We also advocate for supportive policy and programs and raise awareness to accelerate sector-wide action.
Our main achievement is the formation of the Global Logistics Emissions Council (GLEC) with whom we developed the GLEC Framework in 2016 and updated it in 2019 – the universal method for logistics emissions calculation and reporting, and now the basis for an ISO standard. We have since developed more products (guidelines, training, assessments, technical advice) and set up new projects with leading companies and other GLEC partners that address specific company barriers. For more information visit www.smartfreightcentre.org
About the positionYour role will be all about coordinating SFC’s programs consisting of the GLEC Partnership, various projects and SFC’s products and services (e.g. training, webinars). You will report to the Senior Partnerships Manager but will work in close collaboration with other SFC team members and external partners.
We ask you to:
- Play a central role in the delivery of SFC’s different programs
- Support the management of the GLEC Partnership (e.g. manage administration, organize events)
- Coordinate the delivery of selected SFC products and services
- Manage the online training platforms of SFC
- Develop and improve internal processes related to SFC’s programs
- Support the Communications Manager in relevant communications activities
- Proactive, organized and efficient working habits
- Detail-oriented but also with an eye on the big picture
- Flexibility, ability to work independently and proactively in a dynamic environment
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluency in spoken and written English (Dutch is an advantage)
- Proficiency in MS Office, and interest in and understanding of ICT
- Motivation to be part of an important cause to make the global freight sector green and efficient
Interested applicants should email their CV and motivation to Lily Ouyang (email@example.com) with a copy to Mirjam Botman at: (firstname.lastname@example.org) Applicants should state the reasons for their interest in the position and relevant details of qualifications and experience.
Photo credit: Antonio Molinari