SFC Job Opportunity: Program Manager, Clean Cargo
Amsterdam, 5 November 2021 - Are you passionate about reducing the climate impact of the freight sector and working with companies to track and reduce their logistics emissions? If so, you could be a successful member of our small and dedicated international team.
Position Type: Full time
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Location: United States (remote) preferred
About Smart Freight CentreSmart Freight Centre’s (SFC) vision is an efficient and zero emissions global freight sector. SFC works towards this vision by driving freight emissions transparency and mobilizing multinational companies and their logistics partners to take action to reduce freight emissions.
SFC developed and maintains the GLEC Framework, a globally accepted set of guidelines for calculating and reporting greenhouse gas emissions from multimodal freight transportation activities. SFC advises multinationals how to calculate and report emissions based on the GLEC Framework, set science-based emission reduction targets, reduce emissions, and collaborate with suppliers and other stakeholders. SFC also implements a variety of projects to help organizations report and reduce their freight emissions footprints.
About the positionThe Program Manager will manage Clean Cargo, a work program focused on tracking and reporting containership greenhouse gas emissions and facilitating best practice sharing between containership operators, cargo shippers, and logistics service providers. This position will give you the opportunity to work with some of the world’s biggest public facing companies (FT500 or equivalent).
We ask you to:
- Oversee the development and maintenance of Clean Cargo emissions footprint calculation and reporting methods
- Manage containership operator emissions reporting and emissions performance scorecard generation
- Organize and facilitate meetings of Clean Cargo members
- Support Clean Cargo member recruitment and retention activities
- Oversee and coordinate other Clean Cargo activities (e.g., presentations at conferences, development of public containership emissions reports) as appropriate
- Support collaboration projects related to Clean Cargo
- 10+ years working with greenhouse gas emissions tracking and reporting and/or corporate sustainability
- Direct experience with containership emission monitoring and reporting
- Advanced understanding of energy efficiency and emission reduction measures for freight transportation, with a focus on ocean going vessels preferred
- Advanced project management skills
- Strong facilitation and collaboration skills
- A willingness and ability to take the initiative and work independently
- A passion for reducing freight sector greenhouse gas emissions
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Lily Ouyang at firstname.lastname@example.org