SFC Job Opportunity: Sales Representative
Amsterdam, 22 July 2020 - Is bringing in business your passion and do you have experience in the (global) freight transport sector? Are you looking for a part-time job driving impact for the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions? Then you are a good candidate to join our small and dedicated international team based in Amsterdam!
Starting date: immediate
Location: Amsterdam office or suitable home location (The Netherlands)
About Smart Freight Centre
Smart Freight Centre (SFC) is a global non-profit organization dedicated to an efficient and zero emissions freight sector. We cover all freight and only freight. SFC works with the Global Logistics Emissions Council (GLEC) and other stakeholders to drive transparency and industry action – contributing to Paris Climate Agreement targets and Sustainable Development Goals.
We advise multinationals how to develop and implement their Sustainable Logistics Roadmap. This covers, calculating and reporting emissions using the GLEC Framework, setting reduction targets that are science- based, reducing emissions by implementing solutions across all modes, and collaborating with suppliers and other stakeholders.
About the positionYour primary task will be to engage with multinationals, inform them how SFC can support their logistics emissions calculations and reduction, and to generate income from our products.
We ask you to:
- Contact new and existing customers for SFC’s products
- Present and demonstrate the value of SFC’s products based on customer needs
- Sell SFC’s products and turn companies into partners of the GLEC
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key industry players
- Represent SFC at selected events and meetings
- a Bachelor or Master degree in a relevant field of study; Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or Economics
- Track record in B2B sales
At least 2-year experience in the (green) logistics and freight sector
- Ability to keep structure while operating in complex fast changing environment
- Advanced interpersonal and communication skills and familiarity with the dynamics of international relations
- Fluent or native English speaking and writing skills; Dutch basic knowledge is a pro
- To work in an extremely interesting line of business where you can actually make a difference
- To be part of the passionate and diverse SFC family that is widely networked in its fields of expertise
- To ride the wave in this “start-up” where taking our services to market leads to zero freight emissions
- To earn salary/benefits that are competitive for international non-profit organizations.
Interested applicants should e-mail their CV and motivation to email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.