Senior Strategic Partnerships Manager
Amsterdam, 25 November 2021 - Are you passionate about reducing the climate impacts originating from multiple sectors involved in transport, freight and logistics? What about working alongside some of the largest companies and NGOs in the world to drive their initiatives towards a decarbonized planet? We are on a mission and need more highly skilled and motivated people to join our international team.
Starting date: As soon as possible
Location: Amsterdam (or a suitable home location)
About Smart Freight CentreSmart Freight Centre (SFC) is an NGO that has gained a lot of attention during the past 8 years as we have been leading the way to an efficient and zero emissions global freight sector. We drive transparency and mobilize multinational companies and their logistics partners to take action. This is done through globally standardized guidelines for industry to calculate, report and reduce emissions. We advise multinationals (FT500 profile) how to develop and implement their Sustainable Logistics Roadmap.
This often starts with calculating and reporting emissions using the GLEC Framework, then setting reduction targets that are science-based before reducing emissions by implementing solutions across all modes (air, sea, land). Our mission has steadily been expanding leading us to reinforce ties with highly visible partners, collaborating with suppliers, prestigious universities, and other stakeholders. With the current attention towards climate change, SFC has become very visible and therefore growing fast. Our track record, experience and excellent technical capacities makes us stand out from the rest.
About the positionYour role is to identify new and existing strategic partnerships opportunities in conjunction with related fundraising activities across Smart Freight Centre. You will be working closely with the Executive Director and other team members on building and maintaining high impact collaborations with current and prospective partners. You will work in a small international oriented team and will interact with multiple SFC external partners.
We ask you to:
- Engage with strategic partners and donors to identify cooperation to support the growth of the organization and achieve the mission of Smart Freight Centre
- Provide strategic partnership directions while developing and maintaining a plan in line with the organizational strategy
- Conduct research on fundraising opportunities aligned with our ambitions (sectors, geographies, mission)
- Write proposals in response to opportunities discussed with funders whether private/ Corporate foundations, development agencies, governments or other international NGOs we often partner with
- Manage relationships and contractual requirements with new and existing funders and partners
- Represent SFC at external partnerships, events and meetings
As an ideal candidate you can demonstrate:
- 10+ years’ work experience in the sustainability/climate change space, preferably in the freight/logistics sector – we are however open to other non-financial related experiences (Social, Environmental)
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills
- Proven track record in proposal development/fundraising and managing funders/client relations
- Excellent writing skills and ability to make technical content accessible to a broader audience
- Fluent in English, comparable to a native English speaker
- Proactive, organized and innovative work attitude – since we are growing fast the role leaves room for some autonomy to innovate; improve our contact database and make suggestions to our communications approach
- Ability to work independently, easily adapt to changing situations and work in a structured manner
- Motivation to make a difference in the world and ready to join a very passionate team driven by purpose