SFC China Job Opportunity: Communications Manager
Beijing, 20 September 2022 - Are you passionate about reducing the climate impact of the freight sector and engage companies to get to zero emission logistics? Then you could be a successful member of our small and dedicated local and international team.
Starting date: immediate
Location: Beijing China
About Smart Freight CentreSmart Freight Centre (SFC) is a globally active non-profit organization for climate action in the freight sector. We are enablers for those who believe in united action to reduce logistics greenhouse gas emissions. Through creating a single, international methodology for tracking freight emissions we drive transparency to enable emission reductions. SFC brings together multi-nationals, forwarders & carriers, NGOs, and governments in our collaborative initiatives, trainings and programs. Together, we help solve the business challenges behind reducing freight emissions and impact the industry standards. Our goal is to guide the industry to track and reduce its GHG emissions by 1 billion tonnes by 2030 and reach zero emissions by 2050 or earlier.
SFC established an office in China to contribute to a compliant, efficient and sustainable China freight sector together with leading shippers in the Smart Freight Shippers Alliance (SFSA). SFC China launched the Zero Emission Freight Initiative (ZEFI) in China to accelerate the adoption of zero emission trucks and related freight efficiency solutions. With ZEFI and SFSA partnerships, we bring together freight industry stakeholders including shippers, carriers, technology providers, industry associations, research institutions, development agencies and government agencies to:
- Collaborate on the adoption of ZE trucks and related freight efficiency solutions
- Provide recommendations for supportive government policies, programs and strategies
- Build consensus and leadership on ZE freight pathways for China supported by action plans
About the positionYou will be engaging SFC China partners and industry leaders to develop and deliver a communication strategy. You will report to the China Director and will work closely together with the China team members and collaborate with SFC’s Amsterdam team. You will work in a small, internationally oriented organization, where sparring and interaction with colleagues across the organization and China logistics partners is key. Your working languages are Chinese and English.
Within the following main responsibilities, we ask you to:
- Be responsible for the development and delivery of SFC China communication and publicity strategy and work plan
- Supervise and organize communication channels, i.e. website, SMS, social media accounts (WeChat public account, LinkedIn, and others)
- Provide communication support to SFC China events, trainings, and other activities
- Provide communication support to partners and members to draft success stories, case studies and reports (e.g., Zero Emission Freight Annual Report, etc.)
- Maintain the CRM system of the SFC China office, keeping all key customers, communications, media contacts, and event attendee lists up to date
- Update communication templates (PPT, memos, letters, etc.), project flyers, event postcards, holiday cards, etc.
- Represent Smart Freight Centre in partner collaboration projects as well as external events and conferences, managing media relations and social media
As the ideal candidate you can demonstrate:
- 3+ years’ experience in the broader freight and logistics sector and working with companies
- Passionate about a mission that addresses climate change, energy saving and emission reduction
- Excellent project management, interpersonal relations and report writing skills, a team player
- Result-driven, ability to work independently, proactively, and in a structured manner
- Excellent English writing and speaking skills
- Communication and social media management experience preferred
Interested applicants should email their CV and motivation to Boyong.Wang@smartfreightcentre.org or Su.Li@smartfreightcentre.org before 30 October 2022.