SFC Job Opportunity: HR Manager
Amsterdam, 13 July 2022 - Do you want to make a real impact – working towards zero emissions in the freight sector – and are you passionate about playing a central role on the human resources side of the organization? Then you could be a successful member of our dedicated international team.
Starting date: Immediate
About Smart Freight CentreSmart Freight Centre (SFC) is a globally active non-profit organization for climate action in the freight sector. We are enablers for those who believe in united action to reduce logistics greenhouse gas emissions. Through creating a single, international methodology for tracking freight emissions we drive transparency to enable emission reductions. SFC brings together multi-nationals, forwarders & carriers, NGOs, and governments in our collaborative initiatives, trainings and programs. Together, we help solve the business challenges behind reducing freight emissions and impact the industry standards. Our goal is to guide the industry to track and reduce its GHG emissions by 1 billion tonnes by 2030 and reach zero emissions by 2050 or earlier.
About the positionThe Smart Freight Centre team has almost doubled in size in the past year, and we are therefore looking for a dedicated HR Manager that can take ownership of the full employee lifecycle. You will be working closely together with the Operations Director, who has been handling all HR related matters to date. You will work in a fast-paced, internationally oriented organization, where sparring and interaction with colleagues across the organization and SFC partners is key.
We ask you to:
- Manage the recruitment process
- Champion the onboarding process and ensure the process is up to date and of high quality
- Maintain and enhance employee benefits programs, including remuneration policy
- Assist line managers in goals and target setting sessions and performance reviews
- Manage training and development initiatives
- Build the Talent Value Proposition
- Identify and recommend areas of improvement to internal standard operating procedures, including team restructuring
As the ideal candidate, you can demonstrate:
- Bachelor or master’s degree in human resource management or equivalent
- 3+ year’s experience in a similar sized organization
- Flexibility, ability to work independently and proactively in a dynamic environment
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work with different personality types
- Fluency in spoken and written Dutch and English
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Motivation to be part of an important cause to make the global freight sector green and efficient
- Salary/benefits that are competitive for international non-profit organization