SFC Job Opportunity: Project and Communications Coordinator - SFC China
Beijing, 1 December 2021 - Are you a creative and dynamic communications professional, passionate about sustainable freight transport and logistics, building non-profit brand recognition, and making an impact? Then you could be a successful member of our small and dedicated international team.
Preferred start date: Immediate
Duration: 1 year, with a 2-month probation period
Location: Beijing, China
About Smart Freight Centre
Smart Freight Centre leads the way to an efficient and zero emissions global freight sector. We drive transparency and mobilize multinational companies and their logistics partners to take action. This is done through globally standardized guidelines for industry to calculate, report and reduce emissions.
SFC China’s vision is zero emission freight in China. Our mission is to bring together freight industry stakeholders include shippers, carriers, technology providers, research institution and government agencies, towards zero emission China freight sector through collaboration, exchange and pilot projects. Under the Zero Emission Freight Initiative (ZEFI) umbrella, we have organized three collaboration platforms for shippers, logistics service providers, and technology providers respectively, i.e. Smart Freight Buyers Alliance China (SFBA), Smart Carrier Pool (SCP) and Zero Emission Freight Vehicle (ZEFV) Platform.
The Project and Communications Coordinator will work in a small, internationally oriented organization, where sparring and interaction with colleagues across the organization and SFCC partners is key. The Project and Communications Coordinator reports to the China Director and works in close collaboration with all SFCC and SFC team members.
- Supporting with development of key SFCC communication and marketing tools (website, newsletter, social media accounts)
- Developing SFCC events communication materials such as news release and provide communication support to quarterly forums, ZEFI meetings and conferences, etc.
- Managing and maintaining SFC China social media, website, wechat account, LinkedIn account in both Chinese and English
- Providing communication support to SFCC partners and ZEFI member to deliver success stories, case studies and reports (e.g. White paper on Zero Emission Freight Vehicles, Zero Emission Freight Annual Report etc.)
- Keeping SFCC CRM system up-to-date with all key marketing, communication, media contacts, participants list etc.
- Delivering SFCC general communication materials – update working document template (PPT, Memo, letter etc.), project flyer, event postcards, holiday greeting cards, etc.
- Supporting projects meeting and workshop organization and management
- Fluent in English, experience of events management is a plus.
- Good knowledge of sustainable transport and logistics, environmental protection
- Flexible, able to work independently and proactively in a dynamic environment.
- Good interpersonal skills, able to work with different personality types.
- Proficient in MS Office and CMS systems, working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
Interested applicants should email their CV and motivation to Su.firstname.lastname@example.org, before December 20, 2021. Applicants should state the reasons for their interest in the position and relevant details of qualifications and experience.