SFC Job Opportunity: Technical Manager
Amsterdam, 5 October 2021 - Are you passionate about reducing the climate impact of the freight sector and advising companies on how to get to zero emission logistics? Then you could be a successful member of our small and dedicated international team.
Starting date: immediate
About Smart Freight CentreSmart Freight Centre leads the way to an efficient and zero-emissions global freight sector. We drive transparency and mobilize multinational companies and their logistics partners to take action. This is done through globally standardized guidelines for industry to calculate, report and reduce emissions.
We advise multinationals how to develop and implement their Sustainable Logistics Roadmap. This covers, calculating and reporting emissions using the GLEC Framework, setting reduction targets that are science-based, reducing emissions by implementing solutions across all modes, and collaborating with suppliers and other stakeholders.
About the positionYou will work with SFC’s Technical Director, Program Director and other team members on the development and delivery of SFC’s projects and products. You will work in a small, internationally oriented organization, where sparring and interaction with colleagues across the organization and SFC partners is key.
This position will give you the opportunity to work with some of the world’s biggest public facing companies (FT500 or equivalent) and help them assess the way that they access the data needed to calculate the GHG emission from their supply chains.
We ask you to:
- Develop and implement projects within your area of expertise to advance and provide guidance to member organizations on sustainable logistics
- Work collaboratively with our partners and members to present, discuss and co-develop the projects at hand
- Write project reports and industry guidelines and provide content input to training courses, assessment tools, case studies and other publicity materials
- Provide technical advice services as part of SFC’s product offering to multinationals and delivery partners
- Represent SFC in collaboration projects and external events and meetings
As the ideal candidate you can demonstrate:
- 5+ years experience in the freight sector and working with companies
- Excellent project management, interpersonal relations and report writing skills
- Technical knowledge on energy efficiency and emission reduction from freight transportation. Corporate GHG emission accounting expertise is an asset
- Ability to work independently, proactively and in a structured manner
- Motivation to be part of a passionate and diverse team and work on an important cause to make the global freight sector more sustainable
Interested applicants should email their CV and motivation to Lily Ouyang at firstname.lastname@example.org