[Event postponed] Event announcement! Sustainable Freight in India, Connect Karo, New Delhi - 8 April 2020
26 February 2020 - Join us on 8 April for a workshop as part of WRI Connect Karo, 10:45 am – 5pm, Tamarind Room, India Habitat Centre, New Delhi
This event has been postponed until Autumn 2020.
Why this workshop
Freight in India is growing at a fast pace, contributing to its economy but also contributing to climate and pollution impacts and congestion. Smart Freight Centre, Environmental Defense Fund and World Resources Institute bring together organizations for a one day workshop to work out how different players can collaborate to reach our common goal of sustainable logistics in India. The emphasis is on efficient and low-emissions freight, within the bigger context of addressing air quality issues, safety, congestions and other socio-economic impacts.
Who should attend
- Companies, associations, government agencies, development agencies, NGOs and research institutes that are working on freight transportation and logistics in India and who want to get an update on developments and drivers for sustainable freight in India
- Discuss a common vision for sustainable freight and the roadmap to get us there
- Understand the work of different organizations and how collaboration can accelerate impact
What the workshop covers
- Overview of freight in India and government policies
- Insights into current initiatives in India by the private sector, development agencies, civil society and research institutes
- Vision for Sustainable Freight in India and the roles of different stakeholders
Registration and contactTo register, click here or for further details send an email to Lavanya Padhi, EDF, email@example.com
/ +91 8383800400
Information and registration for Connect Karo: https://connectkaro.org/