SFC Job Opportunity: Technical Manager / Energy Specialist
Amsterdam, 5 October 2021 - Are you passionate about reducing the climate impact of the freight sector and advising companies on how to get to zero emission logistics? Then you could be a successful member of our small and dedicated international team.
Starting date: immediate
Location: Amsterdam or a suitable home location in Europe
About Smart Freight CentreSmart Freight Centre leads the way to an efficient and zero-emissions global freight sector. We drive transparency and mobilize multinational companies and their logistics partners to take action. This is done through globally standardized guidelines for industry to calculate, report and reduce emissions.
We advise multinationals how to develop and implement their Sustainable Logistics Roadmap. This covers, calculating and reporting emissions using the GLEC Framework, setting reduction targets that are science-based, reducing emissions by implementing solutions across all modes, and collaborating with suppliers and other stakeholders.
About the positionYou will work with SFC’s Technical Director, Program Director and other team members on the development and delivery of SFC’s projects. You will work in a small, internationally oriented organization, where sparring and interaction with colleagues across the organization and SFC partners is key. SFC offers flexible working hours as part of a dynamic, mission-driven, truly global team, working with FT500 (or equivalent) companies on a daily basis to help them achieve their climate goals. Supporting partner organizations include We Mean Business, BSR and World Economic Forum.
Our activities are evolving and we are looking to increase the capacity of our team to carry out research and analysis on lifecycle GHG emission impact of a range of fuels and energy sources that are proposed within the energy transition to reduce the climate impact of freight transport. SFC’s corporate partners require reliable information about the GHG emission of these energy sources, to be presented in a way that is easy to understand and implement in their emission calculations and reduction strategies. This specific opportunity will involve working with a range of emission factor providers, fuel producers and multinational companies to produce the guidance on clean fuels that will be used by leading multinational companies to guide their emission reduction strategies.
We ask you to:
- Develop and implement projects within your area of expertise to advance and provide guidance to member organizations on sustainable logistics
- Work collaboratively with our partners and members to present, discuss and co-develop projects at hand
- Write project reports and industry guidelines and provide content input to training courses, assessment tools, case studies and other publicity materials
- Provide technical advice services as part of SFC’s product offering to multinationals and delivery partners
- Represent SFC in collaboration projects and external events and meetings
As ideal candidate you can demonstrate:
- 10+ years experience and technical knowledge of the life cycle of a range of transport fuels, both conventional and novel, including knowledge of the biogenic emissions cycle
- Experience of developing life cycle GHG emission factors for conventional, bio- and synthetic fuels.
- Corporate GHG emission accounting expertise is an asset
- Excellent project management, interpersonal relations and report writing skills, particularly the ability to present complex issues in simple terms
- Ability to work independently, proactively and in a structured manner
- Motivation to be part of a passionate and diverse team and work on an important cause to make the global freight sector more sustainable
Interested applicants should email their CV and motivation to Lily Ouyang at email@example.com