SFC Job Opportunity: Technical Manager
Amsterdam, 15 July 2020 - Are you passionate about reducing the climate impact of the freight sector and advising companies on how to get to zero emission logistics? Then you could be a successful member of our small and dedicated international team.
Starting date: immediate
Location: suitable home location (Europe or North America) or Amsterdam
About Smart Freight CentreSmart Freight Centre (SFC) is a global non-profit organization dedicated to an efficient and zero emissions freight sector. We cover all freight and only freight. SFC works with the Global Logistics Emissions Council (GLEC) and other stakeholders to drive transparency and industry action – contributing to Paris Climate Agreement targets and Sustainable Development Goals.
Our role is to guide companies on their journey to zero emissions logistics, advocate for supportive policy and programs, and raise awareness. Our goal is that 100+ multinationals reduce at least 30% of their logistics emissions by 2030 compared to 2015 and reach net-zero emissions by 2050.
We advise multinationals how to develop and implement their Sustainable Logistics Roadmap. This covers calculating and reporting emissions using the GLEC Framework, setting reduction targets that are science-based, reducing emissions by implementing solutions across all modes, and collaborating with suppliers and other stakeholders.
We do this through products (guidelines, training, assessments, technical advice) as well as projects with leading companies and other GLEC partners that address specific company barriers.
About the positionYour role will be working with SFC’s Technical Development Director on the development and delivery of SFC’s products and projects. You will work in a small, internationally oriented organization, where sparring and interaction with colleagues across the organization and SFC partners is key. Your working language is English. You can be based anywhere in North America or Europe, or in Amsterdam where SFC’s office is located. The salary/benefits are competitive for international non-profit organizations.
We ask you to:
- Develop GLEC projects within your area of expertise and manage their implementation together with SFC colleagues, consultants and GLEC partners
- Write project reports and industry guidelines and provide content input to training courses, assessment tools, case studies and other publicity materials
- Provide technical advice services as part of SFC’s product offering to multinationals and delivery partners
- Answer technical queries from GLEC partners and SFC team members
- Represent SFC in collaboration projects and external events and meetings
As the ideal candidate you can demonstrate:
- Experience in the freight sector and working with companies
- Excellent project management, interpersonal relations and report writing skills
- Technical knowledge on energy efficiency and emission reduction from freight transportation, especially road freight
- GHG emission accounting expertise is an asset
- Ability to work independently, proactively and in a structured manner
- Motivation to be part of a passionate and diverse team and work on an important cause to make the global freight sector more sustainable
Interested applicants should email their CV and motivation Imke Koldijk (firstname.lastname@example.org).