SFC Job Opportunity: Technical Manager
Amsterdam, 3 February 2021 - Are you passionate about reducing the climate impact of the freight sector and advising companies on how to get to zero emission logistics? Then you could be a successful member of our small and dedicated international team.
FTE: (32-40 hours/week)
Starting date: immediate
About Smart Freight CentreSmart Freight Centre (SFC) was established in 2013 as a global non-profit organization dedicated to an efficient and zero emissions freight sector – contributing to Paris Climate Agreement targets and Sustainable Development Goals. Our goal is that 100+ multinationals reduce at least 30% of their logistics emissions by 2030 compared to 2015 and reach net-zero emissions by 2050.
SFC advises companies on how to develop and implement their company-specific Sustainable Logistics Roadmap using the four ‘Smart Freight Leadership’ steps: report, set targets, reduce and collaborate. We also advocate for supportive policy and programs and raise awareness to accelerate sector-wide action.
Our main achievement is the formation of the Global Logistics Emissions Council (GLEC) with whom we developed the GLEC Framework in 2016 and updated it in 2019 – the universal method for logistics emissions calculation and reporting, and now the basis for an ISO standard. We have since developed more products (guidelines, training, assessments, technical advice) and set up new projects with leading companies and other GLEC partners that address specific company barriers.
For more information visit www.smartfreightcentre.org
About the positionYour role will be working with SFC’s Technical Development Director on the development and delivery of SFC’s products and projects. You will work in a small, internationally oriented organization, where sparring and interaction with colleagues across the organization and SFC partners is key. Your working language is English. The salary/benefits are competitive for international non-profit organizations.
We ask you to:
- Develop GLEC projects within your area of expertise and manage their implementation together with SFC colleagues, consultants and GLEC partners
- Write project reports and industry guidelines and provide content input to training courses, assessment tools, case studies and other publicity materials
- Provide technical advice services as part of SFC’s product offering to multinationals and delivery partners
- Answer technical queries from GLEC partners and SFC team members
- Represent SFC in collaboration projects and external events and meetings
- Experience in the freight sector and working with companies
- Excellent project management, interpersonal relations and report writing skills
- Technical knowledge on energy efficiency and emission reduction from freight transportation, especially road freight. GHG emission accounting expertise is an asset
- Ability to work independently, proactively and in a structured manner
- Motivation to be part of a passionate and diverse team and work on an important cause to make the global freight sector more sustainable
Interested applicants should e-mail their CV and motivation to Mirjam Botman at: email@example.com
Photo credit: Marcin Jozwiack