Validate your logistics emission calculation and reporting with Smart Freight Centre
For companies that want a more detailed understanding of their logistics emissions and confidence their methodology is in line with the GLEC Framework
What is the challenge?Many companies want to reliably calculate and report the GHG emissions associated with their freight transportation and logistics activities. More than 100 leading companies have committed to do so already, with the number increasing all the time; but how can you be sure that the calculation is truly based on the GLEC Framework or that the input data are up to scratch?
What is the solution?To overcome this challenge, Smart Freight Centre (SFC) will check your logistics emission calculation and reporting so that you, your customers and external stakeholders can have full confidence in your reporting.
What is SFC Validation?SFC checks the basis and outputs of a company’s declared logistics GHG emissions in a given year against three core aspects of calculation and reporting:
1. Credibility and completeness of input data
2. Methodological conformance with the GLEC Framework
3. Reporting in line with the GLEC Declaration
Who is SFC Validation for?Companies that want to validate the outputs of their logistics GHG emission calculation and reporting against the industry standard – the GLEC Framework – and to demonstrate this with confidence both internally and to their customers and external stakeholders.
Companies that successfully pass the check will receive:
- A report confirming conformance of the calculation methodology with the GLEC Framework
- Written confirmation of logistics GHG emission calculation outputs and reporting format
- Validation statement incorporating details modal coverage and statement of data type used in the calculation
- Improvement notes covering methodology, input data, calculation and reporting for the recipient to address prior to the next annual assessment