Become an SFC Accredited partner
For tools and programs designed to offer logistics GHG emissions calculation and reporting as a service or in-house tools, that companies use to provide individual greenhouse gas emission reporting to their customers.
What is the challenge?Many companies want to reliably calculate and report the GHG emissions associated with their freight transportation and logistics activities by using the GLEC Framework. Various calculation tools and programs on the market offer support for this.
But how can companies be certain that the external support is calculating and reporting their logistics emissions correctly in conformance with the GLEC Framework?
How can tool and program providers gain trust and proof of their conformance with the GLEC Framework to their customers?
What is the solution?By choosing one of our SFC Accredited partners for the accounting and reporting, companies can be confident that the GLEC Framework methodology is correctly applied. Tools/ programs can credibly demonstrate, through SFC Accreditation with confidence that they are calculating and reporting logistics GHG emissions against the industry standard – the GLEC Framework both internally and to their customers and external stakeholders.
What is SFC Accreditation?SFC checks if there is a methodological conformance with the GLEC Framework. We use a technical specification and checklist that matches the principles and data structure of the GLEC Framework and assess each application against it. The methodology assessment consists of two core aspects of calculation and reporting:
1. Methodological conformance with the GLEC Framework
2. Reporting in line with the GLEC Declaration.
Tools/ programs that would like to support their client companies by credibly calculating/reporting logistics GHG emissions against the industry standard – the GLEC Framework – so that these companies are able to demonstrate this with confidence both internally and to their customers and external stakeholders.
Who is SFC Accreditation for?
The accreditation covers, among others, the following priority issues:
- Calculation and reporting of well-to-wheel GHG emissions, expressed in units of CO₂ equivalent according to the scopes of the GHG Protocol Corporate Value Chain Accounting and Reporting Standard
- Use of the fuel emission factors specified in the GLEC Framework, and where necessary equivalent factors required by national legislation (e.g. France, Japan and others)
- Inclusion of the effects of empty running, partial vehicle loading and repositioning journeys to ensure complete emission reporting, according to the guidance contained within the GLEC Framework and associated base methodologies
- Ability to incorporate network impacts, where known, on the route or transport means used
- Use of GLEC Framework- specified default consumption factors in the case that operator data are not available
- Specified default consumption factors in the case that operator data are not available
- Classification of input data type (default, modelled, actual) to aid transparency over the nature of the calculation output
- Ability to provide outputs in a format that matches the GLEC Declaration
Find out more
Do you want to become an SFC Accredited partner?To find out more and start the process, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
/ +31 6 29 17 56 55
GLEC Framework e-training: understands the basics of the GLEC Framework